• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown Automotive U-bolt sizes?

scottie_p

NAXJA Forum User
I see that Crown offers a 3.18" for the Dana 35 and a 3.55" for the Chrysler. I crawled under with a good set of digital calipers and measured my Chrysler at 3.038".

What's up with their measurements?

I'd say I have 3"x6.5"x9/16" ubolts, anyone else agree?

They are about as confusing as the million different leaf spring numbers they offer, with no specs to boot!

What year is your XJ?

They offer a smaller size for 84-89, 3.08" wide (is what it's stated). 90-01 dana 35's are listed at 3.18", and the Chrysler 8 1/4" are 3.55" wide.

In my experience with those, they all fit whichever application they claim.

Also keep in mind most of the XJ ones don't include nuts for the u-bolts...but those are available under p/n 6502697.

As far as the leaf spring chart, they list them the same way Chrysler does. There is info on this site, as well as many others that better explain the codes. What info do you want? I have some saved on my work computer...I also have a u-bolt chart that shows how they measure them as well as a full Jeep u-bolt application chart with specs.

Back