• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolling upgrade.

chris (vetteboy) runs it in his jeep for racing, i havent been impressed with it. probably blew the head gasket, among things, bc of overheating the last race. never had any issues running two late model electric fans.

the setup does looks (and fuctions) very nice otherwise.

With a fresh radiator, hood vents, and external tranny cooler (no tranny oil running through radiator), I have no cooling issues wheeling/crawling around southern California.

I'm using it and so far so good, took it for a road trip this weekend and it worked much better then the stock setup. The engine feels quicker too.

Because of the viscous fluid in the mech fan, it *always* loads the engine a little bit (the fan always turns, even when it's not "engaged"). Conversely, an electric fan that is on a temperature switch only loads the alternator when the switch is engaged.

Im having cooling issues with the 3 fan setup on my 4.6 stroker. if im going over 55mph im fine but if i get in stop and go traffic im screwed. Thats with all new parts but with a cheap chines 3 core aluminum radiator. I think its more the problem then anything.

chris (vetteboy) runs it in his jeep for racing, i havent been impressed with it. probably blew the head gasket, among things, bc of overheating the last race. never had any issues running two late model electric fans.

the setup does looks (and fuctions) very nice otherwise.

x2 on the dual stock electric fans, they move a lot of air.

Back