• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre 96 Electric Power Mirrors

Super mud

NAXJA Forum User
So I was getting a pair of replacement chrome mirrors for my 87 off a 90 and relized they were electric. I had been interested in a set and was even more interested in where they put switch controller for them. Unfortunatley the interior in this jeep was ripped apart and I led both wire leads to a plug running down the tranny tunnel under where the console would be. Can anyone describe to me how the factory set it up and/or source me a switch controller? I have yet to see an older xj with the option till now.

definitely ran into the console and mounted just left of the parking brake handle. I dont' think I've seen power mirrors on an XJ/MJ w/out the full console, and I seem to recall the factory cup holder having a spot marked on the back for the switch.

I seem to recall seeing a switch on the dashboard clock panel although I wouldn't testify to that

Nope, never seen that.

Some AMC-era early models had a diagnostics center there with little trouble lights if various fluids were low, it was widely known as a POS and wasn't a very popular option. That is why that panel is so big.

Okay, trivia moment is now over.

Nope, never seen that.

Some AMC-era early models had a diagnostics center there with little trouble lights if various fluids were low, it was widely known as a POS and wasn't a very popular option. That is why that panel is so big.

Okay, trivia moment is now over.

I thought there was lights below the clock like on the left side of mine but relized there werent and that explains it.

Alright now I just need to find this switch somewhere. Now that I think about it there was a large hole cut in the console which I thought the PO had done for misc switches but I guess thats where it was.

Back