• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing instrument cluster lamps

Fish'nCarz

NAXJA Forum User
I have some bulbs out. What do I need to do to replace 'em?
There has to be a write-up on here, but danged if I can find it!

Oh yeah! 2001.

Last edited:
Exact method is year dependant.... Basically, you remove the bezel surrounding the cluster, remove the cluster, remove the bulbs and replace them. Reassemble. It is fairly easy to do, just take a bit of time.

Are the bulbs universal?

Are the bulbs universal?

If I remember right, it's been a while since I had mine apart.

Depending on how many you have burnt out you probably have a few spares already in the instrument cluster, like if you have a part-time transfer case the "full time" bulb is a spare, I think there's an "ABS" light too that probably isn't needed. Bulbs that are always on I'd consider spares too, so "check engine", "airbag", "low washer fluid", "check gauges", "parking brake", etc.

If you need new bulbs, they're #194. I believe #168 is also compatible. I put #194 LED bulbs in my cluster.

Are they all white bulbs?

Just found LED replacement bulbs, and wondering if anyone has used those and how you like them. Are all bulbs a #194?

Is it just me, or does it look like the headlights in my avatar are knocked out of alignment?

Back