• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shox remount

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
i am wanting to remount my rear shox like a ford with both on the back side so i can do ladder bars. im thinking about puting 2 tubes wit a plate in the midle from side to side to help strengthen and give a mounting place. if u kno a better way please help not looking to do realy ne heavy mods.

Last edited:
Ladder bars on a jeep?Are you drag racing or Rally racing?

You can get shock brackets from JKS or Ruffstuff.

If you want a traction bar (you only need one), RuffStuff and Ballistic Fabrications both make kits for them.

after i do the lader bars im thinking doing a coil setup. so more like grand setup but custum and cheaper

you may want to figure out what your plans are before worrying about who's kit is better/cheaper/less needed.

if you do "ladder bars" why would you then do "a coil setup"
ladder bar/traction bar (I assume that's what your meaning) are for leaf springs
a coil setup uses control arms (see your front suspension) and has no need for a traction bar.

iv been thinking of taking the brakets off a grand to make the ladder bars. how wud that work, cuz i can make the links realy cheap the brakets is the hard part and not loooking to do more than 100 for them. for the shox im wanting to keep them in same or aorund the same axle mount but wanting a more vertical style mounted on the back side. the only way i can find best is a tube across wit mounting holes but dont kno wat size tube if i go that way.

Back