• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle Bolts... where to get them??

ChevelleSSLS6

NAXJA Forum User
In an effort to avoid a trip to the dealer, my buddy Jim (best friend, and owner of a Cherokee and a Comanche) left the following on my facebook page tonight. I haven't bothered the parts guy yet (I see him enough as it is), but just wondering if anyone knows the specs of the shackle bolts, or where he could find new ones that are the same specs as factory.
Jim Brundige

looking for new shackle bolts for my cherokee. do you know of any places that sell them, maybe even locally? all the online stores dont have them listed. all the spring stores are closed by the time i get out of work. auto part stores dont carry them. went through this on the comanche once already.

So, until I can chat with the parts man on Monday, this will have to do. I appreciate any input. -Matt

Got a farm and fleet-type store around? That's where I buy mine.

M14 x 2.0 x 120, I believe. The stock bolts have that unthreaded tip, and I believe a 110mm long bolt will work as well. Get a high grade for those, 10.9?

Last edited:
Pep-boys!

Back