• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any bushwacer venders on naxja?

Trail Ready

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from jeep fest at Ontario convention center.I was going to splurge and buy the flat fenders but decided to check and see if anyone on here was a vendor.

You may want to reconsider if you wheel your Jeep very hard. Bushwackers are not rock friendly. To be blunt, I think they are overpriced and easily broken.

I have bushwackers and they are total CRAP. They are all cracked up. I have tons of duct tape and jb weld holding them together from the inside. I was told there new flat style flares are made from a more flexible plasitc and can withstand harder impacts but I havn't actually seen them tested yet so I can't guarantee that statement. If your thinking about the older style cut out ones then STAY AWAY. Go with the Rusty's flexy style ones. They aren't as pretty but I have seen them take major abuse and pop back into shape every time and they are less expensive.

Thanks,I got a quote of $360 with a warranty from 4 wheel parts.I didnt go into detail with him about what it covers but I think if they are damaged they will replace it free(I know a guy)

Thanks,I got a quote of $360 with a warranty from 4 wheel parts.I didnt go into detail with him about what it covers but I think if they are damaged they will replace it free(I know a guy)

Good luck with any warranty. I tried to use my "Limited Warranty" from Bushwacker and was pretty much laughed at. Once they found out that I ACTUALLY use my Jeep and wheel it the warranty was void. They informed me their fenderflares were not designed for heavy abuse. Only manufactures defects were covered and not crappy quality that can't stand up to the smallest rock. If you can get rock damge covered under warranty PLEASE pass on your method to me.

John X had Flexy flares, and I think they look good. I will go that route if I decide to put flares on.

John X had Flexy flares, and I think they look good. I will go that route if I decide to put flares on.

I will probably do the same once I run out of duct tape and jb weld. right now I think I have more tape and jb then I do actual plastic fender.

I've got a 10 year old set of Bushwackers. Personally I think they hold up pretty well. Hell, nothing will hold up if you snag them on rocks. I hear a lot of bitching about them not holding up but I have exactly the opposite experience. I rolled my rig and other than some scratches, they were fine. I've snagged them a couple of times and pulled the screws through the plastic, but how many tons of force do you expect them to handle....they are made of plastic. I know a lot of guys that have done steel flares and they get torn up just as bad, and many times they do more damage to the rig than the plastic.

It reminds me of a saying my grandfather used to say, "Its a poor workman that blames his tools". I hear a lot of blaming the flares for breaking when if you took more care and didn't hang them on the rocks, everything would be fine. Some of you guys could screw up an anvil.

I'm working on a quick release setup so you could pop the flares of in a few minutes for on the trail, but still be legal on the ride to and from the trail.

I've got a 10 year old set of Bushwackers. Personally I think they hold up pretty well. Hell, nothing will hold up if you snag them on rocks. I hear a lot of bitching about them not holding up but I have exactly the opposite experience. I rolled my rig and other than some scratches, they were fine. I've snagged them a couple of times and pulled the screws through the plastic, but how many tons of force do you expect them to handle....they are made of plastic. I know a lot of guys that have done steel flares and they get torn up just as bad, and many times they do more damage to the rig than the plastic.

It reminds me of a saying my grandfather used to say, "Its a poor workman that blames his tools". I hear a lot of blaming the flares for breaking when if you took more care and didn't hang them on the rocks, everything would be fine. Some of you guys could screw up an anvil.

I'm working on a quick release setup so you could pop the flares of in a few minutes for on the trail, but still be legal on the ride to and from the trail.

Really?? Normally you give some very good advice and experience on here, but I have to disagree on this one. I have personally broken one with the slightest of pressure on a rock. On the other hand, my flexy flares have been layed over on rocks hard enough to dent fenders behind the flares and never even showed a scuff. Now i'm not saying that bushwackers don't look great, or hold up fine in a mall parking lot, BUT if you ever planned to wheel it hard I wouldn't put them on.

And my biggest gripe is the price....flexy flares were about $100, bushwwackers were $325 when i bought them.

I've heard a couple reports of the flat fenders being quite a bit more durable than the pocket flares. The two reports had to do with tree contact - rubbing past to take the correct line, and holding up without more than a few scratches.

having had rocks scrape the crap out of my stock flares, i could never bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on a replacement set of flares. i would rather have lower profile stock flares look all scratched than throw $400 on a set of wackers that share the same fate. and im not going to try to wheel more carefully to preserve some aftermarket flares.

having had rocks scrape the crap out of my stock flares, i could never bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on a replacement set of flares. i would rather have lower profile stock flares look all scratched than throw $400 on a set of wackers that share the same fate. and im not going to try to wheel more carefully to preserve some aftermarket flares.

x2, Tom.

I like the way 10.5's look better anyways. :)

im not going to try to wheel more carefully to preserve some aftermarket flares.

And when you DON'T wheel carefully to preserve your wackers they look like mine.

My stock rear flares are only slightly gouged. I don't really care, they're there only to provide some tire coverage.

My stock rear flares are only slightly gouged. I don't really care, they're there only to provide some tire coverage.

exactly. im in the same boat. but in speaking to a CHP officer, and my step brother who is SDPD, it is not only about covering the top of the tire, but also the back side. so in many cases, even though our tires may not stick out past the flare, mud flaps are required due to the amount of tire showing from behind the vehicle.

Back