• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey, I just realized something......

Skullver

Still Flailing
I am all out of XJ's. I still have a nice pile of parts though, going to pick through them and post up in the karma section when I have some time. I will still be hanging around here every so often though!. Always a sucker for a good deal, so never know when I may pick up another XJ.:). Cheers *clink*

Hit me up with what you have always interested in fun stuff
ride on, will do.
Hope you get another jeep soon, all men need toys to play with.
I got new toy I am playing with, just not a jeep this time:). Maybe I will post up a shot when I get a bit more done to it:). So far just in the collecting $parts$ stages and a tiny bit of fab.
Chris get your ass down here for some beers and BBQ a week from sunday.
I will have my little ones, what's the haps? I love beer and bbq:).

Cool Tony, although it isn't a bronco, I have been gleaning some info on the upcoming cut and turn of my d44 beams. got any specific threads off the top of your head regarding this? Lots of good stuff:D.

Since you can fabricate......look at Gunits build in the race bronco section. If you decide to go his route.......price me out a set too!! They are SEXY!!!!

Aw c'mon G-off, it ran plenty of times, just didn't leave my driveway:). No time or money to race, full time single dad of a 3-yo and a 5-yo, so building a 4-seater so my kids and I can go out and have fun. Nothing against the XJ whatsoever, I still have a WJ :flippoff:. Cabin is too small in the XJ to do what I want to do and still fit two seats in the back. I will still be lurking about, my buddy has an XJ still.

That is a bit extreme Andy if you are talking about the d60 outers etc, but would be nice to have that kind of ching to throw at it:).

Last edited:
Well Chris, a couple of things to keep in mind for the explorer.

1) there is a guy on the boards (his name is copykat) who now makes brackets to directly fit D44 to the ranger/explorr
2) Several folks running the D44 say there is no need to cut and turn them once installed to the Explorer. The mounting location works for 3-4" of lift with stock D44 beams
3) Go straight to a coilover.... everyone ends up thee anyways
4) Deaver makes a kick ass set of leafs, that will probably gives you 15-16" of travel, which is plenty!! (not sure how much your trying to get out of the four link, but leafs are a hell of a lot cheaper)
5) 8.8 out of bronco (or F150) will work great as a drop in and get you to same width as the front if you do d44
6) Go look for some factory Ford Alcoas, they are light, forged and SEXY (forged do not have the rivets, all others are not the forged alcoas)

Spend some time on the Tech, and the Buil sections... tons of ideas on how folks are getting their stuff done.

Thanks! I actually am trading a welder I got in a lot of equipment to somebody that wants to do my beams/pivots. He is an exceptional fabricator and tig welds everything, and already has the hanger kit water jetted out of 4130 plate. He is going to cut and turn slightly, tuck the hangers way up, and use a uniball in place of the lower bj and a heim in place of the upper. He has one at his shop that is insane, I will ask about a pic, I just ordered a set of coilovers/bypasses/bumps for the front. I am going to do the rear myself, and am going straight to linking it, I got a fabbed 9" housing from RobK and am going to make it a 35-spline floater once the front is done and I can match the width, and the rest will cruise along I hope. I just got some new 35" baja/ta's. So now just waiting on my buddy, and a few more parts, then it is under the knife:).

Tone, So far I have only built a front bumper(not sure I like it actually) and put glass fenders, so not much to show yet.
IMG_4344.jpg

Back