• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on Mopar Complete Stroker?

hoodride

NAXJA Forum User
Just saw an ad the other day for the complete Mopar longblock strokers. Just wanted to know who has them and what they think about them so far. The price is a bit more but competitive with what it would cost to build your own and I've been planning on doing one for a while. Already bought a good block but if there's good stuff said about these I might go with one as I don't have much time anymore to build mine like I wanted. Probably comes with a warranty too. Let's hear some +'s and -'s. Thanks.

Local dealer quoted $3700, and that was with my discount. If your looking at the JP article,note that the head does not come bolted to the block,ie, pic of gasket kit.
I too would like more info on it...

For that price a V8 swap should be taken into consideration.

For that price a V8 swap should be taken into consideration.

Yeah. IMO a stroker is awesome if you need to rebuild your 4.0 anyways, and you get the machine work done locally.

I bet you could pay someone 4k to swap a V8 in your XJ.

The Mopar one is nice, I think it comes with a full warranty from Mopar/Chrysler and is made by ATK. Just what I seem to recall from previous threads about this.

The Mopar one is nice, I think it comes with a full warranty from Mopar/Chrysler and is made by ATK. Just what I seem to recall from previous threads about this.

I looked into them when they first came out. As a Mopar performance part, they have no warranty at all. :dunno:

I can get a discount from the dealership out the door for around $2,500 that's why I am considering. There's no way im paying 3,700 for one. My dad's XJ has been undergoing a V8 swap and that is completely out of the question for mine as it has been a PITA! Does anyone have the Mopar stroker running driving in their Jeep they can tell about?

I built mine for little over a grand.. Full rebuild kit, dished Silvolites, turned crank and shot peend rods (got old motor form CL for $50), JY head ($50) rebuilt (self P&P). Block bored and decked the .030, new water pump and Melling HV pump, timing gears and chain, and ARP cap bolts rod and mains, and new lifters.. Reused all valvetrain.

My second motor im in it for $100 . Complete (but apart) 95 4.0 block FREE on CL, 258 crank form JY on half off day $35, CPS, 99+ intake, AC mount, PS and alt bracket.. will go long rod on this one. $500 pistons will choke me but oh well. and want to go with a hotter cam than stock. Also fabricated at work a bracket to use chevy BB 1.7 or 1.8 roller rockers.

There's a number of people on here with strokers who've been running strokers for many years. I think old_man has, Goatman has (his old Jeep is now with Cal), and there's others.

2.5 years now daily driver. little froading but some. about 30k in that time. Still running 65psi oil at start up and 55 when warm. Compression check was over 150 on all cylinders.

This was the second motor I have ever built. First is a 2130 Type 1 with 135 HP running 9.5:1. Still going strong too..

BMYOHN has a Goshen 4.6 stroker.

I personally have not seen other people run the mopar stroker even on other forums. There are to many other cheaper ones out there or people piece together their own rebuild. Im sure its more a Wrongler thing ;)

Back