• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hummer H3 wheels on wagoneer 44?

twodoorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive seen a lot of guys run the h2 wheels, with 1 tons. But i havent seen anyone run hummer h3 wheels with waggy 44s.

I know the h3 has a 6 on 5.5 lug pattern just like the wagoneer 44s. Im having trouble on finding both the wheel bore size for each of the vehicles.

What about backspacing, and etc?

Anyone know offhand whether or not the h3 wheels are a good choice?

here's a cool tool for cross referencing bolt pattern, center bore & offset:
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-...HUMMER&Models=H3,+H3X,+H3+ALPHA,+BASE,+LUXURY

It's missing info on the H3 though. Only has bolt pattern & center bore, not wheel size & offset.

If you drill down by bolt pattern:
http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-...p?LugCount=6&StudSpreadInch=5.5&StudSpreadMM=

it looks like your hub is 108mm, you'd at very least have to take some material off the center bore of the H3 wheel, it being 100mm.

google produced this though: "the stockers have a 38mm offset which translates to a 5.75" backspace on those 16x7.5 wheels"
http://www.hummerforums.com/forum/tire-wheel-32/wheel-offset-h3-18"-wheel-11974/

Thanks for the info.

How would on go about removing material from the center bore so it would fit over the d44 hubs? Machine shop?

why not just run factory waggy wheels!

735730b2.jpg

Thanks for the info.

How would on go about removing material from the center bore so it would fit over the d44 hubs? Machine shop?

Common process to do this with H2 wheels to get them to fit on other 1ton front ends is to open up center with a router and straight flute bit with a bearing. Goes right thru the aluminum no problem, something similar might be possible with the H3 wheels.

Common process to do this with H2 wheels to get them to fit on other 1ton front ends is to open up center with a router and straight flute bit with a bearing. Goes right thru the aluminum no problem, something similar might be possible with the H3 wheels.

I was pretty sure it had to do something with a router, i did not know about a straight flute. Any write ups or anything?

Wont the lack of backspacing cause the tires to rub the frame rail or possibly your lower arms with the h3 rim?

In the front i dont believe so. Right now with my ravines, 33x12.5s, and 1 inch wheel spacers all the way around, i dont rub in the front at all.

The wagoneer 44 is 62.5 wms to wms the dana 50 is 59.5(?) IIRC.

The ravines have 5.5 backspacing, so do the H3 wheels.

I may need spacers in the rear, so i dont rub on the leaf springs because the rear is slightly more narrow than the front.

I may just say 'f it and buy some soft 8s, but i like being original, and i can get h3 wheels fairly cheap.

You can always do different colors on the soft 8s. I'd be worried about the aluminum rims, after the trip to rausch where a guys aluminum rims lug nut holes ovaled out and the wheel broke off on the way back, I'd never want them on my wheeling rig. Plus aluminum cracks easier, theres other brands of steel wheels other then soft 8s that you can look into.

Those OEM waggy rims look awesome, now THAT would look pretty damn sweet.

You can always do different colors on the soft 8s. I'd be worried about the aluminum rims, after the trip to rausch where a guys aluminum rims lug nut holes ovaled out and the wheel broke off on the way back, I'd never want them on my wheeling rig. Plus aluminum cracks easier, theres other brands of steel wheels other then soft 8s that you can look into.

Those OEM waggy rims look awesome, now THAT would look pretty damn sweet.

Those waggy rims are gross looking. Those wheels look like they came off of the general lee.

Back