• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durango box install w/ zj steering

goldygopher

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a durango steering box with a C-rok inner and outer reinforcement plate. I used two washers on each bolt to space the box away from the frame.

I've installed it and can't get the steering recentered. I have the crown heavy duty steering kit and have no more adjustment on the draglink sleeve. It bottoms out on the pitman arm side, but there is about 1/2" of threading on the draglink side of the sleeve. Unfortunately the two meet in the middle of the sleeve.

I guess I could just hack off about 1/2" or so on the draglink with a cut off wheel so that I could use that last bit of threading.

My wheel is at about 10 o'clock, and I realize that its attributed to spacing out the box.

Anyone else come across this? The pitman arm is straight as can be with the wheels straight ahead.

Did you center the Durango box before attaching the steering shaft ?

I think so. It has equal amount of turns left and right from center. Everything appears to be keyed, so I can't see how I could adjust anywhere except at the draglink.

Everything was straight and almost at the end of a adjustment prior to this install. Is the zj draglink longer?

Back