• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centerforce clutch pilot bearing Q..

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
Guys, installing the 4.0L from my rig into the son's YJ. I'm having difficulty pulling the pilot bearing from old engine (needle bearing assembly), called Q'Tech and they dont sell that piece alone.. clutch disc and pressure plate are fine.

Can i simply install a brass style pilot bushing available locally with this? I dont see why not but thought i'd ask..

Ordered a pilot bearing from Autozone, it was a Timken roller bearing assembly.

Rented the bearing puller, pulled the old bearing however i cant get a grip on the collar that surrounds the pilot bearing on his crankshaft... which i need to install into mine.

I also cannot find this "collar" mention here in a search, nor on Quadratec's site or in their catalog. Heres a few pics.. anyone have a proper term for this or perhaps a part#/source?

YJ crank with bronze collar... which i need.

YJengswap016.jpg

XJ crank needing collar.. originally had an automatic.

YJengswap017.jpg

Kastein... your the man.

5300 9180 is the part# for the collar and pilot bearing kit from the dealer. They do sell the bearing seperate but if you need the collar you need this part#.

$20.75 and my local dealer had it in stock.

Back