• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire coverage help

zuk_freak

NAXJA Forum User
Just did full width 44/9 inch swap. And my 35s hang out quite a bit more than they did before lol. I've never been a huge fan of flares. So does anyone know any threads or have any ideas of removable mud flaps? Or something along those lines. I'm going to be driving this thing on road but am worried about the fuzz. Any advice/help appreciated! Thanks.

I don't like flares. Thanks for the advice though. I'm thinking removable mudflaps that hangout as far or a bit further than my tires.. Or something. Just not sure how to make them removable.

generally you can use a small peice of tubing(box or round) and weld that to an area underneath where it would work best., then you can use a clip to hold them on until you hit the trail.

Is anyone running something like that? I wonder what the cops would think about just mudflaps....seeing it covers only behind the tires. Guess I'll have to find out. I'd really like to stay away from going with flares

no flares or bulged fenders + an aggressive tread tire = throwing mud or 'road debris' as the fuzz likes to call it up, back, even slightly forward sometimes....
mud flaps only cover the rear, as youve said. it doesnt really solve the entire problem.

Get some flares for the road and put wingnuts or some other quick release mechanism on. The reason "the fuzz" don't like big tires sticking way out is because rocks thrown by tires can be deadly to motorcyclists and crack peoples' windshields. Water thrown by your tires can blind you temporarily. My tires can tend to cover my windshield through puddles. I intend to do some kind of mud lap out back and figure out something for a flare up front. I already am reasonably covered out back, but a mud flap would be nice.

i had to put some on yesterday and show them to the fuzz before i received a ticket. have you looked at all the flares out there, they can't all look bad to you.

I like the Iceland Offroad ones a lot, but there's a lot of uncertainty regarding their ability to deliver or even whether they're still around...

Flexy flares..

I like the bushwacker flat tops or whatever they're called. But I can't justify spending that much money on plastic that's gunna break against a tree,rock, etc. I'd really love to do tube fenders but. Not the greatest with bending tube. What would be a good thickness/size tubing to go with if I did go that route? Really considering that.

Back