• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
The next step for my rig is gonna be a cage. I'm not going to do this part myself, what is a ball park figure i should expect for a full cage? I am looking to do something like JCR offroads design.

I'd say somewhere around 800-900 for a good interior cage probably around 1500 for a hybrid.

i was quoted 1300 for a hybrid over a year ago.
decided to get a used bender and do it myself. so far i'm around 800 in.

Around $500 just in DOM tube for my hybrid cage. About $1000 total for the rock rails, frame reinforments, and cage.

Oh yeah, and about 300 man hours to put it in. :anon:

Bryan is far too lame for a writeup. The build did include Ruffstuff Specialties frame reinforcement, 2X6X.188" rocker replacements and a slew of 1.75X.120" DOM tubing.
The big push on the tube work happened in Ridgecrest with 90+ temperatures, a couple welders, tubing bender, grinders, and Sawzalls going full blast...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:
How much beer?

Too many to count.

Please remember, don't fab angry.

I figured I would post it all up at once when I finally finish it. My plan is to make a thread like an anti-blog where I won't post any details and I won't answer anyone's questions about what we did. :D

Around $500 just in DOM tube for my hybrid cage. About $1000 total for the rock rails, frame reinforments, and cage.

Oh yeah, and about 300 man hours to put it in. :anon:

It took me 10+ days to do my hybrid cage as well. Cost me about $600 in DOM as well.

damn hope its 1 3/4" dom with a ton of tube for that price

Yes, it's 1.75" with a few of the internal braces being 1.5". Also that is the labor to remove and reinstall the front fenders/grill assembly so he can run the A-Pillar down tubes behind the front fenders and tie them into my sliders. Also lower windshield bar and tie my sliders into the floorpan with 6" square plates. Expensive, but I didn't have the time to do it myself so to me it's worth it.

depends on who you know, what you know and where you are.

just expect to spend between $500-$700 for material depending on how crazy you get with the cage.

Bryan is far too lame for a writeup. The build did include Ruffstuff Specialties frame reinforcement, 2X6X.188" rocker replacements and a slew of 1.75X.120" DOM tubing.
The big push on the tube work happened in Ridgecrest with 90+ temperatures, a couple welders, tubing bender, grinders, and Sawzalls going full blast...
standard.jpg

standard.jpg
The guy on the right in the first pic looks more like my twin brother than me!

Back