• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C02 setup

Project00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I had a 20 lb c02 tank sitting around and no on-board air system. Picked up a regulator and got the tank filled. It is a steel tank and I think it is to bulky and heavy, althogh the bigger tank is nice, I think. I need to know from someone that is running c02 what they xx12.5-15's. How many fills should I expect to get from a 10 opposed to a 20? I am open to any and all thoughts and ideas so let me know! Thanks for reading

On one of my rides, I could go from 10 psi to 20 psi, with 30x9.50's, 68 times with a 10# tank. This was from a chart I found on the net. Adjust accordingly to tire size....

I never used my tank solely for tire inflation. I run an impact wrench on occasion.......

Last edited:
It depends and you have to weigh the pros & cons. A compressor has an infinite supply where as the CO2 is finite and must be refilled at a price (cheap). CO2 is way faster and portable if you have the need. I'm sure there are more but the portability was what sold me.....

Sorry to go off topic but is it possable to use a small tank from a paintball gun, rig in a regulator, some quick disconects, and a hose. Use it for emergency air to inflate a flat tire in the backcountry. I know you wouldent get too many uses but it could save you in a tight spot.

Back