• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubicon express a good lift?

Jonesy51

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a 2001 xj with a 5.5 inch rubicon express short arm lift on it. It seams to have good flex but it does have some poping sounds coming from it when it is flexing. I dont know to much about this lift, is it good, bad? Can any one tell me the good and/or bad about this lift.

RE is one of the best lifts kits you can buy. As already stated by cjsxj87, the flex joint may be worn, or just dry. Grease it up good, but a little noise is normal as it is a metal joint, not rubber.

you just opened the wormhole jonesy, rubicon express has sold a toooooooon of leaf (and coil springs) over the years. some good, some not so good. mostly the older stuff is better, but theres too many variables. the bushings are known to have issues the last 2-3 years... etc

I've had this lift on my heep for 10 years. I have had to change out the bushing once. Other then that it's been flawless. Make sure you trackbar and steering is tight, they tend to loosen and pop every now and than.

I've had this lift on my heep for 10 years. I have had to change out the bushing once. Other then that it's been flawless. Make sure you trackbar and steering is tight, they tend to loosen and pop every now and than.

newer stuff in the past 3 years has been garbage

I blew out my rubber bushings within 100 miles. I switched to the adjustable arms with the metal joints...one of which is fixed at a weird ass angle. I guess it doesn't matter but it looks o_O

Back