• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 alignment questions

98cherokeedriver

NAXJA Forum User
My 98 xj has much more camber than stock, which should be about 0. An alignment shop measured it at -1.2 and -1.1 degrees on each sides with about 1 degree of cross caster, greater on the passenger side. I measured it with a level to be more than -1.5 on both sides. Visually there appears to be the same amount of camber on both sides. One of the previous owners was involved in a wreck that damaged the passenger side fender, and most likely the passenger side tire/axle. The ball joints and unit bearings appear to be in good shape, though it does leak fluid out both sides, mostly the driver's side. Due to abnormal inside front tire wear and the fluid leaking I'm considering rebuilding it or replacing it.

My question is: is the axle bent, and if so, then why is the camber the same on both sides and not more on the side that was hit?

Could be a bent axle tube. If its bent down by the diff on the passenger side then both wheels would appear to have the same caster angle. I could be wrong this is just a guess.

Back