• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size is the bolt on the track bar bracket?

NattyBoh

NAXJA Forum User
Im trying to find the track bar bracket bolts that are on the frame. Not the bolts ( that are pressed onto that plate ) which are horizontal, but the bolts that are on the inside near the engine and are vertical. I have the T&T bracket and it's two bolts.

I think most of the factory track bar mount bolts / nuts are M12x1.75

Not on that end, on the chassis end, but the two " loose " bolts. Not the bolts that are pressed into that plate.

I don't know what to tell you man. I'm going off of the Mopar Parts Catalog for a '97-'99 XJ. Maybe they differ by years? Both sets of the pressed in bolts are M12x1.75 and the loose vertical bolts are also M12x1.75. The only ones that are different (at least according to the parts list) are the loose horizontal bolts and the axle end bolt, all of which are M10x1.5.

hmm... Is an m12 near a 7/16 bolt? What is what I used in there and it has some play. So thts why I was wondering.

from looking around a 12mm is .47 roughly. And a 7/16 is .43 roughly. So that would make sense, as there is a little bit of play, well NOT play but room around the 7/16 bolt.

Does it say what the pitch is?

Last edited:
hmm... Is an m12 near a 7/16 bolt? What is what I used in there and it has some play. So thts why I was wondering.

from looking around a 12mm is .47 roughly. And a 7/16 is .43 roughly. So that would make sense, as there is a little bit of play, well NOT play but room around the 7/16 bolt.

Does it say what the pitch is?

Welcome to the wonderful world of American Jeep, metric everything! Stay away from the standard sizes if you can, Jeeps no like then much. :nono:

Back