• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

20" tires

jeepster1985

NAXJA Forum User
I'm considering purchasing a set of 20" wheels and tires for my '96 xj....Don't get me wrong I will still throw on my steel wheels and bust up the trails on a regular basis. But I was wondering if a 255-35-20 would fit......I am not a Jeep terrorist just a visionary

You don't have to defend yourself here, bud. That translates to a 27x10 tire, so it should fit easily.

Exactly as Lawn Cher' said, but why fit dubs to an XJ? They look totally out of place IMO. A set of 17" wheels would look good though and not out of proportion to the rest of the Jeep. Finding tires for these will be a lot easier too and won't cost as much. Tires for 20" wheels? I hope you've got deep pockets. ;)

Well, if his XJ is lifted HUGE rims will actually fill in the wheel wells nice for city driving, then slpa on the offroad meats for the dirt. Seems liket he best of two worlds. But like Dino said the 20" rims dont come cheap.

XJguy

They have come way down in price. The set I paid almost 5 grand for on my wifes Tahoe go for 1900.00 now. Makes me sick every time I see it. There is a grand cherokee in My area with 20's, looks pretty good. Be careful with the width. Most of the 20's the places stock are 9" or wider so your offset would have to be just right to keep em under the fenders without rubbing.

I'm not rich by far Its taken me a year and a half to save that money...but if i decide i dont like them i'm sure somebody in this dumb little town i live in will buy them from me for cost

I just came back from the Sand sports super show in Costa Mesa, and there are a bunch of trucks with 20 inch rims. BFG even had some 20 inch project tires. Alot of the disco trucks also had 20 inch rims and big tires, It is the trend alot of people are copying.

jeepster1985 said:
I'm considering purchasing a set of 20" wheels and tires for my '96 xj....Don't get me wrong I will still throw on my steel wheels and bust up the trails on a regular basis. But I was wondering if a 255-35-20 would fit......I am not a Jeep terrorist just a visionary

super swamper makes a 36 that will fit a 20" rim and that would look bad ass, and at about 175-185/tire thats cheaper than most low profile 20" tires

I'm deffinatly going with 20s on my mj at least my rock buggy zmj since I just picked up some 40in michelin tires for it for free:) on the street mj who knows.

Back