• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stiffest stock height springs?

coils, leafs or both?

I think the only 2 springs offered were the standard and up-country. The up-country has a little more arch, but I think they were about the same rate.

This for the Rally Cherokee? You could get a set of high rate 4.5"-5" springs, then flip the spring perches on the axle housing and convert to spring under axle. 'Put the truck right back down around stock height.

For the front coils cut the bottoms 2". Then use a 2" BB spacer on top of the spring to bring the ride height back to stock. It will be stiffer than stock, but I don't know by how much. Could try the same thing with a v8 zj spring and cutting 3" out. I would imagine that would be even stiffer.

You might look at the cop springs, I remember reading somewhere that those were the springs installed on the Austrian made XJ's for higher speed European highways and were also used on the police market XJ's that were sold here in the States. I've even wondered about what it would take for a spring shop to make a pair of leaves that would fit a XJ that were also either the equivalent to the MJ Metric Tonne leaves or somewhere between the two.

If youre looking at stiffer rear springs to control roll in cornering, you may want to look at adapting a rear sway bar. It looks like some from a WJ or a WK would adapt fairly easilly. Might be something to look into.

Back