• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 radius arm Q's

darksidemj

NAXJA Forum User
Well after breaking a pinion in my D30 just turning around in the road to get into line to wait for the gates to the badlands to open the Sat of Winterfest, so I decides to go fullsize. I bought a D44 and a 9" and have 5:13's to go into them. The first question I have is what is the lug pattern on these axles? I find conflicting answers everywhere I search. Next is, since the D44 is a radius arm 44, I was thinking of the radius arms and sleeve the frame end and run a heim. I will run limit straps to help prevent binding. I figured it can't be much worse than the rubicon style long arms but without the rotational adjustment. I was wondering how you all felt about the radius arm setup. I would like to build a 3 link but would like to be able to wheel this thing a little before the end of the year, so the 3 link would probably be a winter project due to funds. By the way I'm only at 4.5" of lift on my MJ on 35's but would like to stem up to 37's with the same lift.

Nothing wrong with using the radius arm set-up,just lengthen them and "wrist" them.

First let me clear up the fact that you would only "wrist" one arm not both!
3.jpg

I didn't even wrist mine and they work great. Here's how I did mine...

0311001852.jpg

0311002010.jpg

0514001659.jpg

drives great and Flex's great.
1015101520.jpg

That there is what I was thinking. Any chance you have any pics how you mounted did your mounts? I was thinking of building a new cross member and running them to that.

Back