• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which weight gear oil for a spartan and aussie

NattyBoh

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so from looking around, I can't find much on this. What is the correct weight for these lunch box lockers? I didn't see much on the PDF install sheet neither.

No locker/lsd in my current XJ, but I use Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-110 front and rear. Front you can stick with the standard 75w-90, for rear I would go with at least the 75w-110, if not 140

Lockers have ZERO effect on gear weight,use what ever is recommended for your axle/climate!

I just bought some valvoline and I seen it says for limited slip. Is that alright? It says it has friction modifiers in it...

Here is the bottle, and its NOT friction modifiers. Its just anti wear.

qyvos2.jpg

I've been using basic 80W-90 in both diffs, one with a no-slip and the other with an ARB. Seems I have to drain it so often for one reason or another, no sense in using expensive fluid.

This is what the website says

Valvoline® High Performance Gear Oil

An extreme pressure gear lubricant designed for a wide range of applications. Recommended for:

• All hypoid differentials (conventional and limited slip) and manual transmissions in passenger cars, light trucks, sport utility vehicles, vans and heavy-duty trucks where an API-GL5 or MT-1 fluid is specified.
  • High speed, high torque and high horsepower conditions.

Back