• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 from Rubicon Q's

98XJLongBuild

NAXJA Forum User
In the up comming weeks one of my buddies is putting a D60 in the rear of his 2008 Rubicon. He said that he would prefer to sell it to me so then I would be able to actualy go wheeling instead of him having to wheel me out of situations, on my full stock open axles. Also he already has the front D44 out without any iners. They both have around only 50,000 miles and I know from his driving capabilities that they are in good shape. He is one of those really old wheelers who started when Fordyce Creek trail was'nt even a trail, no joke. So he been at it for around 30 plus years.

The question is, Is this a good D44 espicialy after I put an air locker different gearing and alloys? Also how much should a front D44 with no iners and a rear D44 with gears, E-locker and axles cost, Or more like how much would you pay? I was thinking around 1,000 to 1,500.

08 Rubi axles are not a bolt-in like the early models.

Also how much should a front D44 with no iners and a rear D44 with gears, E-locker and axles cost, Or more like how much would you pay? I was thinking around 1,000 to 1,500.

this price would be OK or bad for bolt in d44s. An empty axle with no gears, shafts, etc? nowhere near that

For the front, you could run a T&T truss. Add LCA mounts and your set to install. The rear you'll need to switch to leaf pads obviously. Look up squirrel80 and PM him for info, he's running JK axles in his rig. He kept the stock lockers. I was talking to him and he says he wouldn't do it again unless he could get the same price he did before. He paid $1500 for both I think.

Back