• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel alignment after wheeling ??

flyingxj

NAXJA Forum User
i just installed my new IRO 6.5 long arm kit with 33s and i took it to the alignment shop drove nice for 5 days took her out in the woods with some minor flexing.after i got home reconnected the discos and the wheel alignment is way off took it again for alignment and waited 3 days took it back out with more flexing and wheel is bad again any ideas? im useing stock stearing but do u think its that weak to streach that bad every ride ?

6.5" with stock steering. thats a huge issue in itself. If you are wheeling hard, then ya, stock steering can fail a milion ways to sunday

Find a shop that offers multiple alignments for 1 price. There's one in Millville NJ that allows you to buy an alignment & then it's free for a year. Considering that 1 trip costs anywhere from 69-89 bucks, that'll pay for itself in no time.

Sounds like the springs are settling.When you say its "off" after wheeling,what are you refering too?

Definately sounds like the springs losing height.

6.5" lift on 33's and stock steering is just plain not smart. Your tie rod is probably bending and throwing off the alignment. I had a 4.5" lift and 32's and I bent my TnT tie rod on the first run out.

Get a beefier steering setup or at least a thicker tie rod.

toe way out and stearing wheel cockd one way or the other

In addition to what the others said, it would appear you have a draglink problem that causes to steering wheel to go off. You should also check the ball joints for wear.

That wont make any difference,and for what its worth,I've been running my original stock steering at 6" of lift (brand new from mile 12) on my 2000 w/ a LP D30.I just hit 55K miles because the thing only drives to/from the trails(sometimes 2000 miles away towing my camper trailer) but is wheeled extremely hard!

That wont make any difference,and for what its worth,I've been running my original stock steering at 6" of lift (brand new from mile 12) on my 2000 w/ a LP D30.I just hit 55K miles because the thing only drives to/from the trails(sometimes 2000 miles away towing my camper trailer) but is wheeled extremely hard!
:wstupid:
that doesnt make it a good idea. you sir have some great luck, and a prolly pretty smart about tire placement to keep it from being beat up.

BUT

that damn near sheet metal thin stock tie rod isnt something i want to rely on. or anyone SHOULD rely on. It should definitely be upgraded

:wstupid:
that doesnt make it a good idea. you sir have some great luck, and a prolly pretty smart about tire placement to keep it from being beat up.

BUT

that damn near sheet metal thin stock tie rod isnt something i want to rely on. or anyone SHOULD rely on. It should definitely be upgraded

But that has nothing to do with his steering issues!

Unless he is going out and his stock tie rod is bending, or the TRE's are bending. Or any of the stock parts are bending. which is a VERY possible reason for his issues.

Back