• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about AJ rails

Keekleberrys

NAXJA Forum User
I did run a search before posting but there are so many threads out there about sliders that I was not able to find an answer.

I have my AJ's rails painted and ready to mount. My question is regarding the rear leaf spring hanger. I am assuming that it is not supposed to mount through the pre-drilled hole, as I could not make it line up on either side, and still line up with the pinch seam.

Secondary question. The pinch seam on the passenger's side is not uniform like that on the drivers side, there is extra material folded over and overlapping, such that the holes towards the front of the rig are very close to the edge of the seam. Should I grind the seam flush or just grind a portion out of the seam near the main leg of the slider to get it to clear a little bit higher.

I have my AJ's rails painted and ready to mount. My question is regarding the rear leaf spring hanger. I am assuming that it is not supposed to mount through the pre-drilled hole, as I could not make it line up on either side, and still line up with the pinch seam.

Secondary question. The pinch seam on the passenger's side is not uniform like that on the drivers side, there is extra material folded over and overlapping, such that the holes towards the front of the rig are very close to the edge of the seam. Should I grind the seam flush or just grind a portion out of the seam near the main leg of the slider to get it to clear a little bit higher.

Question 1....just drill new holes where it is necessary

Question 2...when I installed mine I didn't grind anything down. I just drilled where the holes lined up and bolted them in. No problems at all

Drill holes in the leaf spring hanger.

The holes in my pinch seam were very close to the edge in some spots. Just make sure you tighten those bolts down good. I actually used small spacers in between the pinch seam and slider because it didn't match up perfectly. Pretty much all the force it's going to see is in the upward direction, so you'll be fine.

Mine went on fine as well. Even went on fine the second time when I took them off to repaint them. The third time, I broke some of the welds on them and bent em pretty good, so I'll be chopping them up and using the metal elsewhere on the Jeep.

Back