• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/2(?) price at Ontario/Monrovia PAP

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Sat and Sun (6/4 and 6/5) is 1/2 price day at the Ontario and Monrovia locations......or is it??
Went out there today to grab a HP 30 to build and swap out into my '96 to avoid down time.
Figure I'll get a good deal.
Well, I get to the window to pay and they tell me $160 and change!
I say "you've got to be kidding me that's about what I pay on a normal (full price) day!"
They tell me that they don't have a price listing for a "4WD" front end so, they'll charge me the same as a dually rear end.....wtf!
I go talk to the manager, Dick (fitting name) and I explain the situation and he says "So" By this time I'm getting irritated (and loud) and I fire back "what do you mean, so?"
By this time the other customers in line are starting to pay attention to our exchange and are grumbling amongst themselves (I heard other people saying "I thought it was half off")
So, Dick (fitting name) to avoid an impending riot decides to reduce the price to $115 total.
Not a major amount but, a small victory.
So here's the deal, he tells me they're normally $250-300 I said "bullshit, I never paid more than a hundred and a half before"
The real story is, the Ontario and Monrovia yards were sold and the new owners decided that a price restructuring was in order.........the place has really lost it's appeal to me now.
The prices they're asking are approaching "over the counter" salvage yard prices now.
I mean why crawl around in the heat and dirt working your ass off to only save a few bucks.....doesn't hardly seem worth it anymore.
OK, rant over-----------Hans
PS, I hear Ecology is running a 1/2 off day this weekend also.
Seems they're at war! Happy hunting :)

I know what you mean Hans, it's highway robbery! Sometimes (depending on the part) it's better to just go to napa to buy the part...

oceanside ecology told me out the door $117 for the HP D30. they had a few of them too. one had differant looking axles shafts though. a little more machined looking that the rounded off style i am used to seeing. wish i knew the differances.

oceanside ecology told me out the door $117 for the HP D30. they had a few of them too. one had differant looking axles shafts though. a little more machined looking that the rounded off style i am used to seeing. wish i knew the differances.
Was that 1/2 price or full price?
Those axle shafts you described are CV style usually found on Select Trac (full time/part time 4WD) vehicles.--------Hans

Last edited:
that was half price. normally like $160ish, then half price plus core and tax. totaled out to be $117 otd.
the axle shafts werent the CV style. they had U-joints. just the yoke that they sit in, the axle ends, were a little differant looking. when i look at mine and most others i see a sort of rounded off cast looking yoke. these had more of a squared off look to them. i thought they may have been aftermarket. they were in a really clean jeep that was well taken care off before it got T boned that is. it even had a chrysler oil filter. so i am betting it was maintained by the dealer all its life. even the under side was pretty clean.

PAP sucks. everytime i go there the guy behind the counter gives me an outrageous price. every time i go there i have to ask for the manager. me and him know each other well. plus if you dont know spanish you might as well bring your vaseline.

Back