• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got bored... broke out the welder and some scrap metal...

ericfx1984

NAXJA Forum User
pretty sure the tube is from an old drive shaft from something... either way it's way thicker than exhaust tube

now it needs some clean up and a paint job

DSCF3348.jpg

Not bad. Its better then nothing but if your able to I would run some more tube from the outer edge of bottom tube to the top so its gusseted more.

Can you still remove the pin to get the hook out?

With the cut and fold corners, you should have brought it out farther to the sides and 90 forward and underneath.

Sent from tapatalk on iJunk

Bump%252520Me%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

Not to hijack your thread ( but i guess i am anyway)
I did the same thing. My friend had some stuff left over from his shop we build a few months back. Re-used the mounting brackets. Bolted and welded to the brackets. Better than nothing! And even better than the old beat up and bent stocker that was on it.

Bump%252520Me%252520%2525283%252529.JPG

Not to hijack your thread ( but i guess i am anyway)
I did the same thing. My friend had some stuff left over from his shop we build a few months back. Re-used the mounting brackets. Bolted and welded to the brackets. Better than nothing! And even better than the old beat up and bent stocker that was on it.

Yeah,but you actually gave yours some thought and looks good!

come on rcp, leave the guy alone.

at least he built his own shit, which is more than we can say about a lot people around here.

looks great ericfx, but you should add tie-ins at the rear bumper mounts, any small hit will bend those ends in quick.

Yeah,but you actually gave yours some thought and looks good!

look another smart ass comment from you... you know I read some of your older post and learned a lot, but as of late your comment s have been nothing but trouble... I am not sure what your problem is but I hope you get over it

come on rcp, leave the guy alone.

at least he built his own shit, which is more than we can say about a lot people around here.

looks great ericfx, but you should add tie-ins at the rear bumper mounts, any small hit will bend those ends in quick.

thanks

it was fun... I plan to add the top tie-ins... maybe this weekend

I was also thinking that since the bumper is a part of the tow hitch (or what ever that has become) that tying into the stock bumper mounts would help with the loads from recovery, well a little anyways

Back