• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 aw4 removal

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
im trying to swap aw4 2wd to a aw4 4wd. there both auto and 95 but there not wanting to come out. i got all thebolts out besides the 2 for the sensor. need help now please!

you need to remove the cps. there should also be two forward facing tiny bolts, i think one holds the dip schtick.

i assume you got the 4 bolts connecting the flywheel and the torque converter?

no i just relized the converter bolts. but other than those it shud just slide out rite cuz that sensor just mounts to the shield but im guna do those to.

been there, done that!

its the forward facing 13mm's that allways get me! you may be right about the cps... i just pull it anyways.

You do realize the tail cones, shaft splines, etc, on the 2 WD are completely different from the 4 WD right? They are not interchangeable with out opening up the transmissions all the way!!! (at least the Renix Jeeps are that way, and I think the HOs have the same problem.)

Are you trying to switch to a 2wd rig?

swaping the hole drive train from the 4wd to my 2wd to make it 4wd. i rounded off one of the inverted torques bit bolts and now im looking at swaping motor and everything. unless u kno how to get the bolt off on the pass side!

make sure you get the right one, theres a metric one and a standard one. one works WONDERS on a rounded out inverted torx. i have used this multiple times here. if you get the wrong size, it wont bite, its gotta be the right one.

SLOW DOWN!

swaping the hole drive train from the 4wd to my 2wd to make it 4wd. i rounded off one of the inverted torques bit bolts and now im looking at swaping motor and everything. unless u kno how to get the bolt off on the pass side!

pull t-case, then pull motor and tranny as one, reinstall motor/tranny in other XJ, add t-case

Back