• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anti-theft systems/device(s)?

NattyBoh

NAXJA Forum User
What do you use? I was thinking about a cut out switch on something, but unsure on what... What's the easiest way to make a cut out switch, as in the most easily accessible?

What about wheel locks? With tires being around 1000 bucks, would'nt you like to make it THAT much harder for them? I know they are very easily removed, but still its all about that extra 10 seconds its going to take them.

You can get battery master switches from lots of places.. Harbor freight, parts stores, online etc. Fuel pump kill switch hidden somewhere would work too.

if someone wants your truck or something in/on it, theyll take it, end of story. the basic viper keyless entry/alarm on my jeep is good enough for me to deter stupid people from trying.

i bounce mine off rocks until the body is so damaged most people think its just a pile of metal sitting in a parking lot.

hasnt been stolen yet

Someone tried stealing my truck about two weeks ago two nights in a row. First night they used a flathead screwdriver on my front pass door and they broke tue steering column plastic but that's as far as they went..then i got the Club Autolok which hooks to the break pedal (suggestions from my cop friends). The following night they pried the same door cylinder but that's as far as they got probably coz they saw the Autolok. Then i took out the door key cylinders and replaced them with a elevator bolt. Haven't gotten any problems since (knock on wood)
Now only way to get in is with the keyless entree or smash the window open. Only way to get the trck now is with a tow truck. Next up will be an Audiovox or python alarm with reciever and cutoff.

I live in the city, and Jeeps are easy to break into. I use this:
grantSRS.jpg

Once they see this, they don't even bother. You take your steering wheel with you. I use gorilla lugs on my wheels. Detachable face audio. Next adding hood lock and key-op shut off for power.

Last edited:
I have had a Jeep stolen, and rolled two blocks from my house and written off, since then i took things into my own hands. Starter, ignition, and fuel pump all on separate switches in separate locations. and if the ignition switch is not turned on first, the other two will not operate. I also keep the "topless" mentality, and leave nothing in sight, or unlocked in my interior.

as for wheel locks... if they want your tires bad enough, its faster and less obvious to steal the whole truck. WOT IMO

if someone wants your truck or something in/on it, theyll take it, end of story. the basic viper keyless entry/alarm on my jeep is good enough for me to deter stupid people from trying.

That is exactly what I believe. Even down to the basic alarm for stupid people.

handsdown easiest and one of the most effective is adding a toggle switch into the wire from the ignition to power the fuel pump. cut it under the kick panel or where ever near there, add some extension wire and the switch and hide the switch under the dash. the wire is green with white stripe

Back