• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic request: Close-up of brake switch (pre '91 XJ)

mrnvgtr

NAXJA Forum User
As a lot of you know, the brake switch is a PIA to remove, much less troubleshoot. I've searched for hours, reading many posts about people's brake light woes, to become more familiar with how the brake switch can be adjusted or removed. With that said, if I know what I'm blindly squinting at up underneath the dash, I'd be able to make sense of it and remove it. Can someone post a good clear shot of their brake switch installed?

BTW, my first post here! :patriot:

Bam! Here you go. I hope it helps others as well.

BrakeSwitch.jpg

More information
From post weirdest thing: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=932279&page=2
Posted # 23 by lawsoncl
If it's like the 89, it's a white switch way up near the top of the brake pedal arm.
The white switch is for the Trans computer I don't know if the later non-Renix Jeeps have the same switch. If it's gummed up, you can carefully take it apart to clean it by pressing in the little tabs. If you have cruise, it'll have a vacuum line coming off it as well (safety feature to release the vacuum on the cruise solenoid when you hit the brakes).

Back