• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bronco Roll - Silverwood

TA2Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
http://rotwnews.com/area/crestline/off-road/7016

15576.300.jpg

This was on the SBNF AAT list I believe it is the same accident.

Folks, I know most of us think about safety everytime we get in our vehicles, either off road, or in your daily driver, but sometimes it gets overlooked....either from lack of experience, or plain neglect. Life is too short as it is, and we don't need to hurry it along with neglect or hurriedness.
My father was out on the trail today (unfortunately I wasnt there) and one of the rigs in his group had a rollover that resulted in a fatality. The driver and his passenger did not have seat belts on (it is my understanding that the rig was not equipped with them). Had they been wearing seat belts, they probably would have been banged up pretty bad, but likely would have survived.
Please.....Please...whether you are leading the group, or just joining the run, Please....make sure to have a safety chat before the rigs depart. Check to make sure everyone has a seatbelt, and make sure they're wearing them...Please. Cover the rules of off roading....see what the experience level of the folks in your group is. If you're in a sticky situation, ask for a spot....or a strap. There's no shame in getting a hand if you're unsure. We are all brothers and sisters in this community....keep one another accountable for being safe, and wheeling responsibly. PLEASE.

Jon

Details of where when who were left out of this message intentionally. Please respect those involved....my point is just to emphasize the need for safety to always be at the front of everyone's minds. Thanks.

that looks alot like pucker hill (area fenced off for a couple years cuz it's dangerous) could be another area tho - on both trails, if u hit your brakes instead of using the skinny pedal, this could happen. very sorry for the loss of life. lets try to be a little safer when possible, and have the safety gear we all need

THAT'S harsh, but at the same time relevant. glad u said what i was thinkin

its common sense, really. i wont make a run to the gas station without putting my belt on. they chose to go OFFROADING without theirs!?!?

i allways say i dont want a nanny state, and i dissagree with helmet laws... free market and all that... this is the result of what happens when people make their own bad choices!

you wouldnt have caught me dead getting into a vintige vehicle without seat belts in a 4x4 situation.... my jeep has an elaborate roll cage, and is getting 5 points soon, you wont see this happen to me!

NO, whats harsh, is that thing was street legal driving to the 4x4 spot ON THE HIGHWAYS without the belts!

Oh damn!!!! Yeah ive seen this Bronco around My AAA stomping grounds here in Upland! Safety First People!!!!!!!!!!

points well made, especially about drivin it on the street w/o belts. like i said, harsh, but relevant. sometimes being harsh hits home for all others

talkin to some old folks about the hay day of unseat belted driving, my mom came up with a good point... what if the guy rolls on the freeways, ejects himself onto the other side of the freeway, then you get into an accident trying to swerve around him...

yup, NO DIFFERANT than drunk driving.

Some states are trying to raise a DUI to attempt murder, and I think rightfully so, especially if they flag you on a freeway or otherwise at high speeds. The body being ejected and causing more accidents is of course possible and something to think about but mostly, you are only hurting yourself at that point. Well, and the ones who love you. :)

Some states are trying to raise a DUI to attempt murder, and I think rightfully so, especially if they flag you on a freeway or otherwise at high speeds.

i agree with very strict sentances for DUI, dont get me wrong.

but attempted murder is when someones trying to kill someone else, deliberately. negligent homicide? maybe, attempted murder? NOOO WAAAY! i see that as an over-reaction, over-reactions that happen way too often!

punish people for the crimes they commit, not other worse crimes just to get them a worse sentance. if DUI consequences arent strict enough, make em more strict.

how did we go from a very sad situation to DUI? was hoping we could all learn something from this unfortunate accident. i don't usually wear seat belts off-road, but i sure as hell will now. i've driven this trail so many times i could easily be over-confident, both in my abilities, and my rigs.

Back