• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sugarloaf/Fourpeaks cleanup 2011

crgeorge

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, it's Chad from Copperstate 4 wheelers and it's time to start planning for this years trail cleanup hosted by Copperstates 4 wheelers. Last years cleanup turn out was good but we're hoping for a bigger turn out this year. We're also going to be a bit ambitious as well. This year, Copperstate 4 wheelers will be planning the cleanup for both Sugarloaf and Four peaks. We will be working closely with the Tonto National Forest for both locations. This years combined cleanup will be on Saturday November the 5th. The meeting time is 8 am and we'll likely be out there until 3 pm or so. The meeting location will be the Four Peaks staging area approximately 1/2 mile after turning off highway 87 on the Four Peaks road. As with last years cleanup there will be a raffle and I'm hoping to have lunch out there as well. Over the next several months, Copperstate will be looking for donations for the raffle, lunch, water, trash bags, and other materials to make this cleanup a success. So, anyone who is able to help with this process and donate to this cause will be greatly appreciated. More than all of that however, is the donation of your time which is most important.
Clean up information can be obtained either by emailing me at [email protected] or by following Copperstate 4wheelers Facebook page (you have to search for Copperstate Four wheelers). Updates will be posted on this Facebook page. I will be posting up information on online forums and with various organizations to help make this a huge success.

Thank you in advance to all.
Chad Chaney, Copperstate 4 wheelers.

Hey El Guapo, you can contact me at [email protected] or you can call me at 480-296-3470. We would be greatly appreciative of your donations and support for the cleanup effort. Thank you very much. If you want you can call or email me anytime or you can find me on facebook too. You can also find Copperstate on facebook, just search for Copperstate Four Wheelers.

Hi all, 4 weeks and counting for the cleanup. Make sure to bring lunch because lunch will not be provided. Sorry. If anyone would like to help with supplies, we still need some help with trash bags. Remember to wear closed toe shoes, bring your gloves, and shovel/rakes etc. Chad.

I have a bunch of trash bags made for cleanups, We're happy to donate.

So who's going to be here? I definitely plan on it and I should be there so long as I don't break to horribly in a few weeks :D

Hi all, I justed wanted to remind everyone about the cleanup scheduled for Saturday November the 5th. We're meeting at the Fourpeaks staging area near mile marker 204 on highway 87 at 8AM, approximately 1/2 mile East of highway 87. The staging area has recently been worked on and it is much bigger now. We'll be working on both sides of the highway; sugarloaf and fourpeaks. Volunteers will be entered in a raffle which will be drawn at 12 noon. Items from the raffle have been donated by some awesome sponsors: The Expeditioneers, Offroad passport, Xoskel, Desert rat, 4 Wheel parts, Sierra expeditions, Asfir 4x4, Az offroad recovery, Az NAXJA, Wells Fargo - Green Team, Allied Waste, and JP cooler. Please bring trashbags, shovels, rakes, gloves, sunscreen, water, pop up canopies, closed toe shoes, etc. As of this moment, lunch is not being provided but that could change; I'll let everyone know. Please don't forget to get cleanup updates on our facebook or webpage (www.copperstate4wheelers.com). Last year we found a pipe bomb, I wonder what we'll find this year?
Thanks all,
Chad, Copperstate 4 Wheelers.

Afraid I wont make this one...will be playing softball in Tucson that weekend.

Sorry I was planning on it. Sitting at the hospital waiting for the kid to pop out.

Sorry I was planning on it. Sitting at the hospital waiting for the kid to pop out.

Thats no excuse! (joking) Congrats....boy or a girl?

I was busy getting my butt kicked in a softball tournament.

Another boy. That makes 4 kids. At this rate I think you will be able to leave the clean up to us.

Hi all. This years attendance was 96. I want to say a big thank you to all who attended from: Arizona K5 club, Riding Arizona, Copperstate Cruisers, Offroad passport, Nissan 4 Wheelers, Swanky, Az NAXJA, ASU Baja, Hunter Offroad, Mesa 4 Wheelers, Yotatech, Hummer 4x4 offroad, Tral, Rockstars MC, AZLRO, Expeditioneers, AZFJ, Wells Fargo Bank, AZXC, AZ ATV riders, Xoskel, and AZVJC. I also want to give a big thank you to our sponsors: Allied waste, Offroad passport, Desert rat, ASFIR, Expeditioneers, Xoskel, Kraker from AZNAXJA, and Overland towing and recovery. Everyone did a fantastic job despite the cold weather. I want to appologize to those who emailed me on Friday, I wasn't able to get emails on site and I wanted to thank everyone for their patience Saturday morning as the weather on Friday night wreaked havoc on our plans. Although I do not have the total weight of all the trash volunteers picked up, we managed to fill 2 60 yard roll off dumpsters!! We also managed to find a headless baby doll, parts of a gun, and a bag of something that resembled oregano. Thank you all and we'll see you next year! Chad.

Back