• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine swap now vacuum issues (i think?)

Hackmeister

NAXJA Forum User
I just recently swapped over the engine from my old '96 to my latest purchase of a 99 xj. During the swap I changed to the '99 intake, ended up switching over a bunch of sensors and whatnot to fit the wiring harness.

I think i've got a vacuum problem somewhere. If I leave the vacuum line that connects to the PCV valve unhooked, I can get it fired up and the Jeep will run, although kind of rough, especially at idle. It runs a bit smoother at higher RPMs, and when it idles it only idles around 600rpm.

If I put my finger over that vacuum port (in the back, towards the firewall) the engine will just die, and if I leave it plugged up the engine won't even fire up the next try.

If I put the PCV valve's line back on, I can get it to fire up but only after throttling a bit while trying to start it, and then I can only keep it running over ~1000rpm+. If I let it go back to idle, it'll shut down.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I think it miight just be a bad PCV valve, but I did change out a bunch of stuff all at once so it could be something else.

Back