• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dash\park light ?

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
on my 89 the dash\park light fuse keeps blowing. i know there is a short some where. i was courious if there was a comon problem hidden some where.

dash/park lights

Check your "chime module"lower left corner of the fuse panel.
You can pull it out and then replace the instrumrnt pnl fuse and try your lights.
To remove the module push the relase tab to the left of the module.You may have to push the LH kick pad back a little to see the release tab.
If the module is out and you still have problems,then you will have to start tracing wires n that ain't no fun at all.
If the module is out and you DO have lights,your good to go.
I'm thinkin the module is a dealer item,pulled mine never replaced it.

Do you have a trailer light plug? They like to get full of road grime and corrode. Check up under the bumper where the pig tail meets the wiring harness.

The front parking light sockets are notorious for corrosion.
Usually it manifests itself as 'bleed-over' voltage to the turn signals or headlamps, but it could also just short to ground.

Look in the sockets, and clean if possible; replace socket if too far gone.

Also, look in the area where you were wrenching prior to this happening. Might have inadvertently nicked a wire or crimped a terminal while working on something else.

when the stero was stolen they broke out the back panel on the tail gate. well i guess there was a conection the that was now supost to be done up. that was my short.:mad: after 12 hours of serching.

DARKFLY

I'm having the exact problem your having. My Cherokee is a 1988. Did you find a solution. My fuse will last about 10 mins before it blows. I really need to fix this before I head to MOAB. I was thinking of driving in the evening. I believe my tail lights will still work.

Thanks,

dont know if this was my problem but it works now. there was a conection that was done up in my back pannle. looks like two blue wires going to one black. i undid that and my problem stoped hope this helps.

DARKFLY said:
dont know if this was my problem but it works now. there was a conection that was done up in my back pannle. looks like two blue wires going to one black. i undid that and my problem stoped hope this helps.

Hum... I'll check to see if I have a similar setup. Thanks,

Back