• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ springs v XJ springs?

Well crap! I'll store those for a future XJ build.

Whats a good way to go 3" in the rear. I hear a flip will get me 6" and thats too much. My 17 year old will be driving this beast.

You could take the OME springs and seperate the leaf's, then mix and match w/the MJ springs to get the lift you wanted. How much arch does the Dakar pack have?, the MJ pack might be 8-10". Just so you know, MJ springs are 57" eye to eye along the arch, 26" center pin to front eye and 31" to back. I would avoid going springover if you can.

you could make MJ springs work if you were willing to relocate the rear shackle mounts.

I has SOA MJ with XJ springs.

Okay, what if i go SOA and a shorter shackle?

The reason I ask is the MJ I'm buying needs tires, I have a full set of brand new 31's to put on it. I would lift it eventually anyway so i need to move fast on what i'm going to do either way.

An AAL will get you around 3". The best way would be a new leaf pack,I would check out hell creek suspensions.

An SOA on a MJ will get you around 5" depending on perches,since the rear sits higher on the MJ stock most go 6"-6.5" up front to sit level. SOA with a 4.5"-5" will have close to factory rake

The Hell Creeks are hella expensive!

There has to be a cheap way to to go up 3" on a MJ!

31's will go on an MJ with no trimming if thats all youre worried about. Youll get lower control arm rubbing, but I thinks thats livable if you already have the tires. Though some WJ lowers would help that situation.

31's will go on an MJ with no trimming if thats all youre worried about. Youll get lower control arm rubbing, but I thinks thats livable if you already have the tires. Though some WJ lowers would help that situation.

I've got RE lowers(SF)/trac bar and OME MD 3" front springs for it from our wrecked XJ as well.

I just need to pick the rear up, it doesn't matter how I get it there as long as its safe. I will be putting in a 8.25 so spring perches will get cut off and moved regardless I go SOA/SUA. If I have to buy springs or AAL I will.

Just go with a bastard pack.

I'm kinda curious about this too. I wouldn't mind lifting mine a little bit but I don't want to spend that much for new springs. It would seem to me that the only way to lift the MJ and keep the SUA set up is with a longer more arched main leaf. What vehicle would that leaf come from?

Hmmm... seems like the packs would have about the same amount of lift and the XJ pack would be a bit softer. If you used the XJ pack with the MJ main then did an SOA you might net about 3".

OK , here's a few suggestion's to help. First , your ride quallity and suspension performance in SOA form will suffer. As for add-a-leafs, S10 and Dakota main leafs w/eyes cut off are some common one's used under the main leaf and still maintain a decent ride. Rancho and some others make a long AAL, the one you want, that will give you about 3". It's possible that a XJ lift pack w/alot of arch under the MJ main leaf could work to. Look for SUA spring packs in the JY for build options. You can also have springs re-arched @spring shops. Hopefully that gives you somewhere to start.

stock XJ springs with relocated shackles in SOA give me about 4" of lift.

They are hella flexible.

Previous to that I had a skyjacker 3" AAL. It wasn't horrible,I wheeled like that until I killed the main leafs.

Don't do a shorter shackle, it will hit the back of the shackle box and not let the springs move enough.

Okay, my heads about to explode!

do SOA, dont do SOA, bastard packs or new spring packs, short shackles won't work, XJ springs won't work without changing the shackle location.

This MJ rear lift is kickin my a$$

Here is a pic of our new project;

89, 4x4, 4.0, AW4, 162k, Column Shift, NP231, short bed. I got her cheap!
252778_10150261123360219_599350218_9342917_4890025_s.jpg

Back