• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat cupholder

cliffv

NAXJA Forum User
My son has been asking me to install a cup holder for the rear seat but I haven't found anything that offers a "looks like it belongs there" kind of look. Any suggestions for a durable, black or gray, cup holder for the rear seat?

Thanks,

Cliff

There are some good marine cup-holders that you could probably mount to the back of the center console. Worst case is get one of the window-hanging units, cut the hook off, and screw it into the rear of the center console

ps--make it detachable so you can will still be able to fold the rear seat down

Buy a 2dr?

A little pricey for just a rear seat cup holder.

There are some good marine cup-holders that you could probably mount to the back of the center console. Worst case is get one of the window-hanging units, cut the hook off, and screw it into the rear of the center console

ps--make it detachable so you can will still be able to fold the rear seat down

I may go the marine holder route, thanks for the suggestion.

Cliff

i have a ZJ console lid on my XJ console.
you will have to drill holes but you just put in some screws. and its easy. the ZJ lid is thicker, more padded, so you can use it for an armrest.
plus it has a slide out cup holder for two cups for rear passengers.
only downside, you cant open the lid very easy if drinks are in the rear cupholders....

i have a ZJ console lid on my XJ console.
you will have to drill holes but you just put in some screws. and its easy. the ZJ lid is thicker, more padded, so you can use it for an armrest.
plus it has a slide out cup holder for two cups for rear passengers.
only downside, you cant open the lid very easy if drinks are in the rear cupholders....

Great suggestion, thanks! Are the slide out holders common on all ZJ's? I'll have a look around next time I hit the wrecking yard.

Cliff

i think they all got it. no matter what trim
but i know mine was identical to my brothers 96, and my friends 96.
they should be easy to adapt no matter what year 93-98 are all the same if im not mistaken

Back