• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

North SD county / South Orange county trails

Chowderr

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any trails that are close to me? Im looking for a quick run I can do with out much planning, and when I got here I was under the impression that all the trails were a ways away. I heard of Deer Springs road in San Marcos can somebody explain more to me please?

Go to the 15 at Dear Springs exit and go just up the hill from the Arco station and there is a trail that goes west into the hills. Never run it but heard it's pretty cool. When you wanna try it?

How about Saturday June 4th. I have to check with my wife but i should have the money to go wheeling then.

Mmmmph. June 4th I have a family gig to go to.

how would the 5th work for everyone?

Oooh. My Sunday may be open... Okay, so where is this, and how difficult?

That could make 3 weekends in a row wheeling for me again, which would make me very happy...

But I'd be looking for something not terribly wild, as I just spent Saturday driving my rig on all the trails that I'd said "yeah, I don't feel any craving to take MY rig on these trails" when I'd been out there riding b!tch... My shoulder's debating whether to forgive me.

I think my Jeep's forgiven me, as all apparently she suffered besides more shiny spots on the rockrails and undercarriage was a helluva lot of pinstriping (from Manzanita, which leaves COLORED stripes!).

And I changed her front diff fluid & topped off the rear, and she got her front shocks swapped out for ones that still have bushings... So she should be feeling up for more fun...

Yeah I'm not really sure if I want to do that part myself. I am trying to downgrade my rig for something more streetable so I might take the bypass for that part as well. I dont want to break anything.

I've been out there a few times. Cool, close place to get out in the dirt. I have a google Sat image and trail overlay of the area from Mike G. I can't seem to make it into a photo to share it though. Shoot me a PM with your email if you want it.

Back