• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW to the XJ World....now what?!?!?!

bmsmalley

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a 91 XJ Sport for $500.00, it's been sitting in a garage the last 2 years with what the PO thought was major damage. Turns out it is really not that bad. So, outside of the obvious body work, I want to lift it for 35"....what should I look for? SYE, Drive shafts are obvious....what kind of life and more importantly...what should I avoid? Your help is much appreciated...I see fun days ahead for sure!!!

First step is to become a paid supporter of NAXJA. The information you receive is worth it alone, but you will certainly make up for the minimal cost through vendor discounts.

Next, form up a build-up plan. Many of us buy parts and replace them for something different/better. You will save time and money by researching what you want for today, and for the long-term. This forum is your best option for searching, buying, and selling parts.

The fun begins after that. Most build their rigs for protection and recovery points, lift and tires, gears, performance, then cosmetics. Welcome to the forum and have fun. Share your build-up and ideas and keep an open mind. You'll get tons of input here. Some of it might even be good.

i say hide your money b/c you'll be spending a lot of it! Congrats and welcome.

My first question?
In repairing my XJ I have to replace the lower radiator support cross member. Is this a structural piece? Do I need to replace it one just like it or can I use square/rectangle stock and make my own?

Back