• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pan HELP!!

NewBreedCustom

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I got the oil pan off to repair my RMS and while I was cleaning it off I noticed that the lip if the pan has a somewhat severe bend in it as if a rock or something with a sharp edge has hit it and bent it up towards the block if the oil pan was bolted on. It is near the "curve" of the oil pain lip near the starter side. Is this repairable at all? Or do I need to buy a new pan. My biggest fear is getting this all fixed and the gasket not be able to seal the pan correctly because of this or is this something that I can hammer back down and be ok? Sorry for all the questions but I need to get this done soon!! I might be able to get a pic or two up soon. Thanks for the help

Hammer it back down and use "the right stuff" when you put it back together.

tht bent came from your upper control arm, if you have a auto check your cooler lines in that area, and also check your bumpstops

ok thanks guys for the help. I did check my bumpstop on that side and it seems good but I do have a severed and smashed cooler line. I will check the " right stuff" out. Do u think it is a good idea to use in combo with the gasket?

If you have the Fel-Pro PermaDry no RTV is needed.

If you use the gasket you need to put a little dab of RTV at the corners of the rear cap, where it meets the block, and where the timing cover meets the block.

Also, I don't see how using only RTV would work as the seal that goes on the rear cap is quite thick.

If you are really concerned about the seal, or lack thereof, hit the junkyard and get a pan. Easiest to get off of a 2wd. Probably cost you ~$10. Then take it home and pretty it up.

Back