• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein bumpstop question - yes I searched

jeepingben

NAXJA Forum User
I am prepping my XJ for a trip from Maine to Wyoming this summer and I would like to replace the 3 year old DT3000's that came with my lift kit (RE superflex 3.5). I've found these: http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=9Q3&SubChar=Q but the footnote says I may need to extend bump-stops. My question is this, do I need to extend the bumpstops in addition to the extensions that came with the RE kit? The RE kit extended the fronts but not the rears. I know bottoming out shocks sucks, I ripped the frame-end mount off my YJ a few years ago running without bumpstops.

The jeep is a 2000XJ with 3.5" RE superflex, 265x75x16 TRXUS M/T, Detours tailbone

Thanks, Ben

call and ask either that site or bilstein for the extended and collapsed lengths of that specific shock. and then compare them to your current shocks. chances are itll be fine.

but without measuring or doing to research for you there is no sure fire way to tell man.

^ x2,your front must be alright otherwise you wouldn't be able to run the 265's.I would check the rear though!

Back