• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD down

ieatmud

NAXJA Forum User
Ok gentalmen, heres the story. Drove to a preschool to buy some crack in my 94 4.0 AW4 power everything. As usual she started and ran fine. After being refused procurement of said item for lack of enough Pokaman chips I jumped back in my jeep to search ellswhere. No sparky:bawl:cranks like a bad dog but no fire. Started with the obvious, checked CPS (crank) checked out fine. After a twelve pack and hot lap sestion in the wifes suzuki baleno I moved on to the coil. Pulled the coil to dist wire and held it to my wifes toungue while cranking, no screams or spark:tear: After hopping on old Glue stick our nieghbores shetland pony and hurdaling the burning baleno several times I began testing the coil conecter. Put test light on green side of conecter turned key to on and watched for momentary lighting, that was fine. Moved test light conecter to power side of bat and had my two year old crank it over while cheaking black side of conecter, no flashing of test light as I understand it is suposed to. Quistion, where too from here? By the way I live in Norway= no help here:flamemad:please help, thanks in advance.

The so called test for the CPS is a joke. The only reliable test is to put an oscilliscope on it and most jeepers don't keep one around. I would hate to say how many CPS's I've seen that were bad but supposedly tested good.

Now the other problem is that you may now have wet fouled the plugs and even with everything else working, it won't start, but if you are getting no spark, the CPS is still my best bet.

Old man thanks for the fast reply. The CPS is new and is genuin Mopar. Have cheaked spark plugs and no signs of flooding. Im somewhat mec inclined and the obvious is covered. Im just trying to figure out what can cause the tester not to flash when im on the black wire side of coil conecter like ive read it should. PS I hope my english doesnt blow too bad

Ok gentalmen, heres the story. Drove to a preschool to buy some crack in my 94 4.0 AW4 power everything. Pulled the coil to dist wire and held it to my wifes toungue while cranking.

PS I hope my english doesnt blow too bad

Your english is better than alot of people who post here.

Your sense of humor is appreciated (by myself anyway)

Uff Da!

The CPS is new and is genuin Mopar. Have cheaked spark plugs and no signs of flooding. Im somewhat mec inclined and the obvious is covered. Im just trying to figure out what can cause the tester not to flash when im on the black wire side of coil conecter like ive read it should. PS I hope my english doesnt blow too bad

There are two CPS's....
The Crankshaft Position Sensor and the Camshaft Position Sensor...
The first is bolted to the transmission bellhousing and the second is located inside the distributor and slides over the distributor shaft.
The Camshaft Position Sensor provides the engine computer with a signal on when to pulse the fuel injectors and when to fire the sparkplugs.
Since the first one checks good... then I would check the second one.

Paradise, thanks for the vote. Your brains looking pretty sweet (mmm, send more copps) oops! zombie mode its late here and the RTI ramp...shit! I mean my wife wants me off the roof:( Have a good one. And Charles, spot on brother. The black pig is throwing a 54 code at me and do to certain substances the light show is awsome. Ill order a new one as soon as i can think without shitting myself and loosing my memory. Thanks again gents from norway:cheers:

ieatmud, thanks for making me smile.

auto shut down relay......had this issue for two years before I figured it out

Glenb, Im here for ya brother. Im married and i live in norway so my sence of humor is all i have left, well besides frost bite and syphilis. Have a good one:spin1: H8PVMT, thanks for the input and all relays cheak good as grandmas colin at a prune fest. Thanks again from the frozen north:cheers:

Back