• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Teraflex Conversion..what E-Brake cables?

snail

NAXJA Forum User
I know this topic comes up in alot of threads, but I can't find a definative answer. Here's my setup: D44 w/ Teraflex conversion on 97 with about 7" rear lift. I know 'YJ passenger side cables' have been used, but there are several different lengths, years, and companies (all varying in price)

Questions:

What length is appropriate for my application? (there are a bunch of different cable lengths. Is about 65" good?)

What type of cable ends are compatible with the Teraflex kit? (do Crown, Rough Ridge, or Omix YJ cables connect to the Tera kit?)

I've got a promo card for 4WD.com/4WheelParts that I plan to use to buy the cables. There are the Teraflex ones...but why pay $45 for each if one of the others fit better. Can anyone give me some insight, part numbers you've used or cable lengths would be great. Thanks

http://www.4wd.com/search.aspx?SH=Q...-bac2-0ca8b94eb1f6&LAP=0&Action=3&Page=1&PN=2

Since I only have a 3" lift, I used the stock 54" cable on my MJ and they were plenty long enough. Also used a slotted Ford brake clevis w. the stock cables to attach to the ebrake arm.

ebrakecable-1.jpg

Back