• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME nitro sport shocks?

wishihaddaxj

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running the newer ome nitro sport shocks? Any idea how they compare to the original ome's? Which would be better for a daily drive that sees more freeway/cloverleaf time than trail?

Thanks in advance,

Travis

I have the sport shocks they feel controlled and smooth especially at higher speeds. Since the Nitro Sport Shocks are the new and improved model and cost only slightly more I don't know what benefit the others have.

Greets; I am looking to accomplish an entire OME suspension, with what they have to offer.., and then go from there, i.e., skid plates, rock-sliders, etc. Intention is to 'bomb-proof', lol, make better than factory suspension, and protections, in addition; front end, bumpers, etc. My '89 is stock, sagging, and OME will automatically set-up the stance, on an average, up to 2".

Anyway, had a talk with sales, and technician at ARBUSA.com--(copy/paste), and 'they' for some reason talked me out of the most advanced shocks from OME. 'Dunno why.., but they did. Seems like the deal was that the upgraded shock system is designed for hot weather.., really hot weather.., like what they have for miles, and miles in the out-back of Australia, etc. Hence, me being in Alaska, lol, the land of ice and snow.., and mild short summers, there is no justification for them.

I am interested in reading a second opinion, or even a third, fourth, lol, etc., here at NAXJA, and there will be many here, but for OME, just go to the source, and ask! So why don't you call 'em up at: 1-866-293-9078, and then ask Wendy to direct you to the appropriate person to discuss the advantages, and disadvatages to the product you are looking at. Let us know what you find out.

Back