• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do these gears look like their in good shape?

twodoorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need 4.10s in the 30 to match my 8.8s gears.

Theres a guy on jeepforum, selling dana spicer 4.10s for 50 bucks.

Heres the pics:

pinion.jpg

ring1.jpg

ring2.jpg

Worth taking a risk on?

Any major problem that can come from pitting? Louder gears?
They might make noise and might wear a little more than if they were not pitted. In any case the pitting (if that's what it is) on those gears does not look like a cause for concern. Make sure you put a super strong magnet on the inside of the diff cover.

Definatly useable.. maybe a bit noisier but you shoudlnt really hear it especially if your running a decent sized tire

Unless you can actually see the gears in person(before buying) and match the set #'s, I'd pass. Maybe its just the pics,but I don't know how you can have that much wear on the pinion and none showing on the ring gear! Used gears are hard to set-up unless you can see them before removal and pull a pattern and backlash.

Unless you can actually see the gears in person(before buying) and match the set #'s, I'd pass. Maybe its just the pics,but I don't know how you can have that much wear on the pinion and none showing on the ring gear! Used gears are hard to set-up unless you can see them before removal and pull a pattern and backlash.

i disagree. buy those gears and install them. anygear head can set them up for you. people put used gears in their cars all the time. why is this any different? those pits are nothing probaly dirt.

x2. The pictures are not very good, but as RCP mentions the pinion looks like it has substantially more wear then the ring. The ring and pinion need to be a matched set.

Back