• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transfercase

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
ok my stock tcase om my 95 4.0l auto is kinda messing up. u have to adjust the link if u want 4h and readjust to get 4l. iv moved it so many times and cant get it but get so very close. it seems like it will get into them both at same adjustment but it wont go newhere in one of them but it has the pop as if it went in. i kno they both work but cant figure it out. dk if its the fork yet so i cud all the advice u give!

check the linkages first. make sure all the rubber bushings are in tact. if the linkage is ok then bust open the case its easy to do. do you have a 231 or 242?

X2 on checking the linkage. But also check your trans mount and motor mounts. The linkage is also pivoted at the body so if either of those are bad it could throw it out of whack to and not let it get adjusted right.

the 231s are stupid simple to bust apart. i had never opened a tcase before i did my sye. once i opended it i said to my self " self what were you afraid of". get dirty and fix it. i would open it first to see what the problem is then go from there. if not look for a used one. they can be had for 100 or so in used working condition.

Back