• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX ignition lock cylinder "stuck" in run position, any quick fixes?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I got in tonight, went to shut the Jeep off and the damn ignition will not move to off. It will move to start but it will not come back past run.

Any quick fixes? My schedule is too busy this week to replace the cylinder.

My switch is about 3 years old but seems to be fine, I'm very sure the issue is in the lock cylinder.

No quick fixes but you can get to the lock cylinder in 10 minutes tops with the right tools at you desposel.

No quick fixes but you can get to the lock cylinder in 10 minutes tops with the right tools at you desposel.

I got the tools and the know how just no time this week! I was wondering if I could spray something in it like WD40 or a certain way I could hit with a BFH.

Grasping straws here, LOL!

Try pushing it into park again. Mine does that and all I do is press it forward and it clicks and it comes out

I tried that a few times. This is really random, the lock cylinder gave me no warning that it was going out. I even tried the "un-used" original ignition key since my original key is very worn.

Another side note to this is I can pull the key out while the Jeep is running. It would never do that before. I think its turning into a VW:smsoap:

Just got in from the garage and the ignition lock cylinder is replaced, problem solved.

It was the last thing i felt like doing after pulling a 14 hour shift but oh-well.

20min job max if you know what you are doing, just be careful not to break anything and the snap ring is the hardest part. I used a pair of "O" ring picks to snatch it right out of the groove and it was all smooth sailing after that.

Thanks for everyones responses

Back