• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration at speed and decelereation

Boneless-Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so heres whats happening guys,I just put a 4 inch lift on my jeep kinda backyard built with a factory track bar still being used, lift coils,aftermarket arms and a bastard pack to offset the great-ness of the almighty ford 8.8. A extended driveline setup that doesnt use an SYE which was off my donor rig which had an automatic and my jeep has the AX15. What ive got happening is around 45 mph and above I have a funny vibration under acceleration,deceleration and constant speed that I cant figure out where its coming from.I know my ball joints and wheel bearings are toasted as well as im sure the driveline setup im using is a bit short as its from an automatic. So I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this dilemma is it my driveline ? How could I cheaply fix it ? or is it my ball joints ? or both ? thank you for your time. :dunno:

"doesnt use an SYE"... wtf does that mean?

if your gonna bump your thread, do so with pertinent information, like model year

I'd put money on it being the driveshaft angles. Get a hack and tap SYE, search for how to use a stock front shaft in the rear.

So you say your balljoints are bad and your wheel bearings are bad and you think your driveline is a bit short and your asking what the vibration might be. I think you may have the answers already. Fix the known issues and get back with us..... Just my 2cents that can be taken or left.

So you say your balljoints are bad and your wheel bearings are bad and you think your driveline is a bit short and your asking what the vibration might be. I think you may have the answers already. Fix the known issues and get back with us..... Just my 2cents that can be taken or left.

Like normal people im not made of money. can only fix one thing at a time. and thanks ill look into the driveshaft and hack n tap sye setup .

doesnt use an sye means it doesnt have one ? model year would have to do with what ...

It IS important, even if you do not think so. Some years are more prone to vibes. More info is usually better than less info when trying to diagnose a problem via a computer.

model year would have to do with what ...

All your year/engine/trans/t-case/axles are extremely important information when trying to help you.Late model XJ's in particular are more problematic.

This is like asking..."my arm hurts, I know it is broken, but what do you think it could be that is causing the pain?"

You posted everything that was wrong and then asked..."what's wrong?" If you are going to get into this hobby, you HAVE to be SURE you have the money or resources to stay SAFE.

This is like asking..."my arm hurts, I know it is broken, but what do you think it could be that is causing the pain?"

You posted everything that was wrong and then asked..."what's wrong?" If you are going to get into this hobby, you HAVE to be SURE you have the money or resources to stay SAFE.
That is also why my jeep is not being taken offroad right now lol .

Except crap parts are more dangerous on road than off. Lose it going down the road at speed and the consequences are much worse than crawling over the trail.

If youre tight on cash just do a transfer case drop....but there is no cheap fix for ball joints and hubs...you just gotta buy 'em.

I agree with everyone else, just try to work on the obvious problems that you already know of as soon as you can and then come back after you have made sure everything has been gone through.

PS: Pictures are always fun. haha

I'd put money on it being the driveshaft angles. Get a hack and tap SYE, search for how to use a stock front shaft in the rear.
x2. also, it wouldnt be a bad idea to check all the u-joints in the driveshaft.

Back