• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check my work?

Mitchen

NAXJA Forum User
alright still trying to get this cam replaced and trying to do it correctly. Renix motor

just looking to see that my work was done correctly

pulled valve cover intake/exhaust power steering pump and some other stuff.

set to TDC

removed head. took off oil pan (i know you only have to take the front bolts off but the gasket needs replaced)

removed timing chain cover, both the dots on the timing gears were pointing at each other which from what i read is what they are supposed to do when at TDC. (correct me if im wrong please)

removed timing gear from cam (after marking the gear and chain, figured it was worth doing so it all goes back together the same?) and removed lifters then pulled the cam.

and i wanted to check there is a cam seal in there i believe, where exactly does it go? i didnt look before i cleaned up today. is it in the block then the cam slides threw it?

im only getting a hour or two most days to work on it between dealing with school and work and have never done a cam like this just over head cams so its a slow project as i want to make sure it all gets done right. Thanks for the continued help naxja!

Back