• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

want to lift my XJ more....

eckarus

NAXJA Forum User
ive been reading around trying to see what would be my best option....i bought my jeep about 4 months ago....its a 2000 Classic, 85k miles, lifted 1.5", 8.25 rear, Dana 30 front....so i like the lifted look....wanna go 3" now....but im a dd....not really gonna off road....wanted to know what would be the best choice for me....i was looking at the rough country lift but saw alot of people having problems....

Its your first so I won't be hard on you, but use the search feature. There is a good thread that has a lot of different lift kits, you just have to figure out how much you wanna spend

dont need anything fancy if you dont leave the pavement. 3" coil spacers matched with 3" lift shocks and a 2" shackle in the rear will be just fine

What ^^^ said.

JKS ACOS up front, bastard pack + shackle relocation bracket and/or extended shackle in the rear.

ive been reading around trying to see what would be my best option....i bought my jeep about 4 months ago....its a 2000 Classic, 85k miles, lifted 1.5", 8.25 rear, Dana 30 front....so i like the lifted look....wanna go 3" now....but im a dd....not really gonna off road....wanted to know what would be the best choice for me....i was looking at the rough country lift but saw alot of people having problems....

educate yourself.....check the threads...
but my suggestion:

for a wanna-be '01 XJ, (mall rated):
Rear:
HD brackets (1 or 1.5 lift) + your current 1.5 lift ..if want additional lift use extended shackles.
SYE for a '01 XJ lifted 3" if zero vibes are a must and
angled shims below the rear leaf springs.
t-case drop if can't afford a SYE.

Front:
more coil spacers in the front (cheap) (additional to current 1.5 lift) or a used pair of 3.5 RE coils and remove current front lift.
adjustable trackbar or new hole for current trackbar mounting position.
if want stock suspension behavior, buy lower-arm drop brackets - since wont be crawling over obstacles-.
weld some extensions to the stock front sway bar pins _assuming you wont be disconnected ever-

buy a nice set of new shocks.

my 0.02$ comment

Back