• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
i put on a 3inch block and then with that it kept the swaybar at the same hieght but lowwered the axle thus pulling the sway bar out of the stock 10 hole. i had to put 1inch spacers on there so i cud put the swaybar back on. but now that im looking at getin wider tires idk if they will fit without hitting. wat shud i do?

I am a little confused about how this is worded...but whatever the case, are the tires you are running now running close to it already? If some new tires end up interfering with the sway bar, the easiest thing to do would be get wheels with a little less backspacing to put the tire further out.

ok so if i get wheels with less bs the its like pushing the center in and the outside out? im running 235/75/15 and theres maybe an inch at most between the swaybar and tire.

Backspacing on a wheel is the distance between the backside edge and the hub surface. Less backspacing moves the wheel outward, more backspacing moves it inward. The width of the wheel does not change by changing the backspacing.

If you had to put a 1" spacer on to fit 235X75X15 tires on your Jeep with stock rims, you made a serious mistake somewhere.

Just me, but seems that lift and width are two separate issues. 3" blocks??? On the rear? That would affect the sway bar, but would not affect spacing between the tires and sway bar. I'm confused as to what the problem is.

Take off the rear sway bar. It's really not necessary. I can daily drive mine and never notice a thing. In fact, it's one of the first things I did when I started to mod my XJ. Even with a budget boost and stock springs that were clapped out, it didn't effect my driving any. I couldn't tell a difference.

I don't even want to say anything about the lift blocks...

when i put the block on it moved the sway from being up of course but it also moved it out from being inside the rim on the stock 10 hole rim. if u ever look at stock seting rig ull see how if u put a block on it wud move the sway bar rite up into the tire.

when i put the block on it moved the sway from being up of course but it also moved it out from being inside the rim on the stock 10 hole rim. if u ever look at stock seting rig ull see how if u put a block on it wud move the sway bar rite up into the tire.

I am trying to visualize it but cannot for the life of me. When I bought my 1994 XJ in 1999, it had a sway bar which I toss the first weekend. The 1996 with a Country suspension did not come with a sway bar.

Where in Jacksonville are you? I am at 32244 for 6 weeks having spent the previous 2.5 years in the Caribbean. My XJ is in Miami, FL. I saw it for all of 2 hours on my stop over between the Caribbean and Jacksonville.

Back